What We Do
Reintegration to mainstream education
The primary objective for the pupils is to reintegrate back to mainstream education. However, this will not be the case for all as some pupils benefit from a smaller learning environment.
The induction and reintegration coordinator will work closely with students to assess their readiness to return to school. If a pupil has an excellent record of attendance, good focus and behaviour in lessons, they will be presented at the Fair Access Panel (FAP) to return to a school.
At the end of Year 11 we will support all pupils to transition to Post 16 education, employment or apprenticeships. To prepare for this we offer:
- 1-1 careers guidance sessions
- Employability lessons
- Work experience placements
All pupils have access to the following:
- Emotional Literacy Support Assistants Programme (ELSA)
- Lexia programme to improve literacy
- Hegarty Maths
- Group therapy sessions
- Drama therapy sessions
- Access to the Educational Psychologist, to assess if there are any unidentified needs.
Behaviour for learning
All staff contribute to establishing a positive environment for learning. We believe in strong partnerships with parents and carers and will:
- Send regular reports home
- Individual termly meetings
- Weekly contact with parents/carers
- Rewards for positive behaviour and progress