Emotionally Based School Referrals
Referrals to Cotelands - Emotionally Based School Refusers
A referral to Cotelands would be appropriate for a pupil who:
- had previously been referred to an EP by their school and subsequently been identified as EBSR;
- had been newly assessed by our attached EP, or another EP from Croydon EPS, as EBSR;
- had not attended school for some time;
- was willing and able to make a gradual integration into a group setting. Gradual integration may require initial support from a home tutor;
- had no behavioural problems that would include regularly ‘acting out’ in lessons.
Academic levels are immaterial to deciding whether a young person would be appropriately placed at Cotelands.
Referrals to the Cotelands Provision based at John Ruskin College need to be made by an educational psychologist. All referrals should be sent to:
John Ruskin College Site,
Selsdon Park Road,
Referrals are considered by a multi-agency panel that meets monthly.