Update 18.08.2020 :- Students will receive their exam results on Thursday 20th August 2020
Returning to School
On behalf of Michael McKeaveney, Interim Head of Standards Safeguarding and Inclusion, London Borough of Croydon:-
'The Education Directorate are keen to capture the voice of young people to describe their experiences during lockdown. It will also help guide our thinking towards a recovery model from September. Please can pupils complete the survey using the link below'
You can read the latest guidance from the Department for Education (DfE) regarding the full opening of schools from September 2020 here:
As your child is due to return to school, you should also read:
- SVC’s COVID-19 Home-School agreement
- The government’s safer travel guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers
Year 11 Pupils - Please see the Examination Information page
Frequently asked questions for year 11 pupils about transition to year 12 - here
Important information for parents/carers of pupils in year 11 regarding awarding grades for summer 2020 exam series:
Please watch this 3-minute video that explains how the exam boards will arrive at the final grades:
Further information can be found here:
SVC follows guidance from the local authority, the DfE, NHS and Public Health England. Information for parents and carers can be found at:
Sources of help and support
These are challenging times; you may find the following links helpful:
- What to do if your child is ill – NHS Parent Guide (Also available: Chat Health text messaging service 07507 334150)
- Keeping children safe from abuse and harm
- Guidance for young people – looking after your mental health (with reference to the COVID-19 virus)
- Educational Psychology Service parent helpline
- Emotional wellbeing helplines
- Information for young people - places to go for help
- Guidance for parents/carers
- Places to go for help - a more extensive list
- How to log onto my LGFL email account
If you have any additional queries or concerns during the period that the school is closed, you may contact senior leaders via this dedicated email address:
Our greatest concern is your child’s safety and wellbeing and we have taken every step possible to ensure that everything we do enhances their safety and security. Please be aware of the following guidelines that you can employ to keep your child safe online.
Please click here for more information.
Free School Meals (FSM)
There may be many families who have fallen into sudden and unexpected hardship due to the present situation. These families may now be eligible to apply for FSM. The Government have said that such new applicants would also be eligible for vouchers under the National Voucher Scheme.